The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation (Foundation) announced today that it recently awarded nineteen (19) local high school seniors each with a $4,000 scholarship in support of its mission to support education in the areas served by Sawnee EMC. “The Youth Scholarship Program is a shining example of what the Foundation and Sawnee EMC are all about; which is their commitment to being a partner and supporter in the various communities Sawnee EMC serves.” States Blake House, Vice President of Sawnee EMC’s Member Services.
Sawnee EMC Foundation scholarship recipients for 2017 are:
- Mr. Cameron Adamczyk Lambert High School
- Mr. Michael Brolly Milton High School
- Mr. Peter Campfield Forsyth Central High School
- Ms. Autumn Carlson Homeschool
- Ms. Ansley Dinsmore Dawson County High School
- Ms. MacKenzie Freeman North Hall High School
- Ms. Addison Huthwaite Dawson County High School
- Ms. Marissa Klee Chattahoochee High School
- Ms. Lara Kruger Lambert High School
- Ms. Hazel Lee Lambert High School
- Mr. Bryce Miller Alpharetta High School
- Mr. Adam Puckett Johns Creek High School
- Mr. Joaquin Ramas Chattahoochee High School
- Mr. Zachary Reynolds South Forsyth High School
- Ms. Amber Shell Forsyth Central High School
- Ms. Lindsey Smith Northview High School
- Ms. Ana Swanger Dawson County High School
- Mr. Barry Thurmond Dawson County High School
- Ms. Molly Williams Lambert High School
The funding for the scholarship program is derived from approved uses under Georgia law for Sawnee EMC’s unclaimed patronage capital funds, which are separate and apart from the funds that Sawnee members voluntarily donate to the Foundation for distribution to local charitable organizations. In the past twelve (12) years, the Foundation has awarded $511,000 in scholarships to 141 exceptional high schools seniors within Sawnee EMC’s seven-county service area.
“Supporting those in need in our communities, and helping these outstanding students continue their education is a key part of meeting the Foundation’s core mission,” states Mr. Dennis Anderson, Chairman of the Foundation’s Board.
Questions about this program or the Sawnee Foundation can be found online at www.sawnee.com/round_up or directed to Mrs. Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs for Sawnee EMC at 678-455-1399 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation
The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) organization and exists to assist charitable organizations in the communities served by Sawnee EMC. Through the Foundation, participating members voluntarily donate one cent at a time by ‘rounding’ up their Sawnee EMC energy bill to the next highest dollar. Since its inception in April 2003, the Sawnee Foundation has donated over $2,206.964.09 to local charitable organizations, to local schools through its “Bright Ideas” educational projects as well as through its youth scholarship program.